- A lush oil that is also ideal for blemish-prone skin, scarring and stretch marks
- Cold-pressed from the nuts of the Tamanu fruit native to the Pacific Islands
- Used for centuries on wounds due to its long list of benefits, just google Tamanu Oil to see some of these
- Great at reducing redness that can occur with troubled skin and blemishes
- Encourages the production of new skin cells and repairs damaged skin
- Suitable for all skin types, including those with sensitive skin
Used for centuries in the Pacific Islands on wounds, this oil gained attention when it was shown in a study to help normalise the appearance of scar tissue. From the moment you apply Tamanu Oil to the skin, it can be seen that it’s a very intense and concentrated oil. It has a yellow/green colour, feels quite thick until warmed and has a very distinctive herbal scent. In some ways it may not be the "prettiest" of the oils, but it is certainly one of the most effective.
Tamanu Oil is now becoming famous for its anti-ageing benefits based on promotion of new skin and its assistance in repair and rejuvenation. Ideal for those with acne, blemishes, acne scarring and in need of wound soothing. It’s best applied in the evening or under a moisturiser.
Tip: To help heal and prevent stretch marks, apply to affected areas with a warming massage.